Sunday, August 26, 2007

White Tops

Writing the last two posts, and the responses to the first one, motivated me to do some research on my father's career. You'd think with a past like this I'd have written about it before, but in this case familiarity bred a lack of interest. As usual, Google revealed a treasure-trove of resources, among them, White Tops, a magazine put out by the Circus Historical Society. Browsing through the archives I was stunned to find an article titled "1960s Boom-Boom's Bandstand". (You'll need to click on the picture to be able to read it.)


I've been searching for a copy on eBay but haven't found it yet. I may have to look for it in an archive and actually go xerox it - so primitive. I will track it down though.

I also posted a request for information on the CHS message board and already received one helpful response with some suggestions for getting in touch with people who might have worked with Boom-Boom. I'm not sure where all this will ultimately lead, but at the very least, there should be a few more circus posts.

4 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

fascinating blog!

Kirsten said...

I hope you find a copy of it soon. I'm intrigued.

MonkeyDogStudio said...

Good luck finding a copy, True! Your circus history is fascinating!

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

I'll be staying tuned for this... family history is fascinating and leads down the most unexpected paths.

I imagine even more so when circuses are involved!